Why Live in Delaware?
The Delaware Beach area is one of the hottest areas in the country for retirees or those planning retirement. And it's no wonder. Delaware coastal communities offer a diverse range of amenities, from birdwatching, golfing, sailing and fishing to many museums, cultural events and ample shopping including one the regions largest outlet store centers.
Millville By The Sea is simply the best new home community for retirees and those considering retiring to the Delaware Beaches.
Millville By The Sea is NOT an age-restricted community which means you don't limit your potential re-sale market to only homebuyers 55 or older.
Millville By The Sea is the future home to the new Beebe Medical Center’s South Coastal Health Center.
Millville By The Sea is perfectly situated 4 miles to the surf and sand of Bethany Beach, Delaware and boasts world-class planned amenities within the community as well as quick access to three area public golf courses within a five mile radius.
And of course, there's the tax benefits of retiring to Delaware. The tax structure in Maryland is far more expensive than in Sussex County, Delaware. For people who are starting to think about budgeting for retirement, these advantages are undeniable.
Why Retire To Delaware Beaches? Financial Freedom!
- Delaware is 1 of only 5 states that has no sales tax.
- Delaware and Delaware Real Estate has the 3rd lowest tax burden in the United States. 2
- Delaware and Delaware Real Estate has no state-imposed estate tax. Delaware has low property taxes and no sales tax.
- Delaware and Delaware Real Estate is 1 of only 9 states that has little or no income tax on trusts.6
- Delaware Real Estate ranks 13th out of all 50 states in 1-year home appreciation percent change for the year ending March 31, 2006, With a 5-year appreciation rate of 72.2%, 26-year appreciation rate of 389.6%! 4
- In 2006, Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine named Delaware the Most Tax-Friendly State for Retirees. 3
- Source: Natural Resources Defense Control, "Testing the Waters 2006-A Guide to Water Quality at Vacation Beaches." Segment of beach monitored.
- Source: Tax Foundation and Bureau of Economic Analysis. Each state's tax burden represents a combination of state & local tax burdens. Sequenced by the least burdensome (#50 - alaska) to most burdensome (#1 - Maine).
- Source: Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine, November 2006.
- Source: Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight. House Price Index. Rankings based on annual percentage change. United States figures based on weighted division average.
- Source: Delaware News Journal 8-26-06, "Delaware Workers Earn 7th Highest Salary in the U.S."
- Source: JP Morgan Private Bank
- Source: U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Census Bureau, released: December 22, 2005.