Why Live in Delaware
The Delaware beach area is one of the hottest areas in the country for retirees or those planning to retire—and it’s no wonder! Delaware coastal communities offer a diverse range of amenities from birdwatching, golfing, sailing and fishing to museums, cultural events and ample shopping including one of the region’s largest outlet centers.
Millville By The Sea is simply the best new home community for retirees and those considering retirement in Delaware. The community is not an age-restricted community, which eliminates any limitations on the resale market to homebuyers 55 years and older.
Millville By The Sea is perfectly situated four miles to the surf and sand of Bethany Beach, Delaware. The community boasts world-class amenities, as well as quick access to three area public golf courses—all within a five-mile radius.
Don’t forget the tax benefits of retiring to Delaware! The tax structure in Maryland is far more expensive than in Sussex County, Delaware. For those starting to think about budgeting for retirement, you can’t deny these amazing advantages!
Why retire to Delaware Beaches? Financial freedom!
- One of the tax-friendliest states on the East Coast
- Social Security benefits are not taxed
- No state or local sales tax
- No inheritance tax
- No personal property tax
- State income tax ranges from 2.2% to 6.6%
- Railroad Retirement benefits are exempt and taxpayers over 60 years may exclude $12,500 of investment and qualified pension income.
- Up to $12,500 of retirement income is tax exempt for those who are 60 and older.
- Sussex County is tied for 2nd among all US counties for the lowest ratio of median annual property tax to home value.
- Delaware Named Most Tax-Friendly State and Most Tax-Friendly State for Retirees by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine.
- Delaware’s pristine shoreline and endless recreational and entertainment opportunities are right at your doorstep!
- Living at Millville By The Sea means you’ll enjoy a carefree, coastal resort lifestyle near some of Delaware’s favorite beach spots including Bethany Beach, Fenwick Island and Rehoboth Beach.
- Delaware’s beaches are the nation’s cleanest surpassing the country’s other coastal and Great Lakes states.
High Wages – Location
- Delaware workers earn the 7th highest salary in the United States.
- Delaware ranks at the 9th fastest-growing state in the Union.
- Delaware real estate is within a two-hour drive from Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA, Baltimore, MD and many parts of New Jersey.